Sunday, November 14, 2010

Letter 7: A letter to my Siblings

Dear Becky,
We fought when we were younger yet we patched things up. We laughed at each others jokes that no one else understood. We said some of the meanest things to each other… yet no one else could and I know we would have defended each other till the death. We did some of the silliest things together, and shared secrets that no one else will ever know. You’ve always been here for me and for that I’m grateful for. No matter how big or small my problem is I know that I can come to you and you will listen. I remember when I was little having night terrors, and waking up in the middle of the night. We shared a room and when I would get scared I would jump into your bed. I know that I woke you up, and instead of yelling at me you put your arm around me and kept me safe. For as long as I can remember you’ve protected me. I’ve been so blessed to see you grow into a wonderful talented woman. It saddens me when you don’t see what I see in you. You can do no wrong in my eyes. Thank you so much for laughing, for teaching me things, and for crying with me. I know that no matter what happens in my life that I can always depend on you. In life people will come and go; children will come and eventually they go. Friends grow up and move away, but the one thing that will never be lost is your sister. Thank you so much for all you do I love you.
Crystal

Dear James,
I’m grateful to have a brother like you. I remember in high school people being scared of you. When people told me that they were scared of you I would laugh. I think that your bark was bigger than your bite if you know what I mean. You are such a soft person with a big heart, and I admire that about you. You are the peacekeeper, and a defender of people. I loved when I was little and didn’t want to hang out with the girls in the neighborhood you would allow me to hang out with you and your friends. I loved catching frogs with you, playing ball, and climbing trees. I still think that I made the best tom boy…not every girl can say that they can pee standing up without peeing all over themselves…but I can gladly say that I have mastered that skill. I did it because I wanted to be like you. I see you in your life, and am amazed at how positive you remain despite all the bad things that have happened to you. You’re the looking at the glass half full kind of person, and I truly need that in my life. I love your laid back attitude and determination. I know that you will go far in your life. You’re a wonderful dad and husband. I’m excited for the changes that you have made in your life, and KNOW that you will do great things. I’m excited to see what you will become. I hope that you realize what an amazing individual that you are. I’m so PROUD to have a brother like you. Thanks for always being here for me, and for the wonderful support that you have given to me. I love you so much.
Crystal

Dear Tiffany,
I know that your not my biological sibiling but I consider you my sibling none the less. Yoru a wonderful sister-in-law. I’m so proud of the strength that you have. Believe me I know how hard it is to LOVE James (Just Kidding), but I want you to know that he is a great guy. I’m so glad that your in his life, because I know that you have been a support to him. The great thing about James is once he sets his mind to something he will succeed. That is why I know that he will always treat you well. I know that he jokes around a lot, but we get that from our mom…so blame her. Thank you so much for being a great mom to my nieces and nephews. I am learning from your example. I have loved getting to know you and the wonderful person that you are becoming. I’m excited to see your family grow, and to see the influence that you have been to them. Thanks so much for talking to me when I need it. I want you to know that I love you so much.

Love,

Crystal

Dear Tracey,
With you I know that I can say only a few words, and it will be okay. You’re a great brother-in-law. I know that we are different, but I have loved the talks that we have had. You have such a laid back personality, yet your very bright, and hard worker. You have some beautiful children, and a wonderful wife. It’s exciting to see them grow and become these amazing people. I love Gavin’s stories about his dad, and I can tell how much he loves you. I know that you have had a lot of stress on you lately, but I want you to know that I see how hard that you work. Thanks for putting up with me, and allowing me to stay with you for that brief period. It has truly been a joy getting to know you. I want you to know that I love you and I’m grateful for all you have done to me. Thanks for listening to me complain…and for stealing your children every now and again.

Love
Crystal.

No comments: