Saturday, November 6, 2010

Letter 5: To my parents




Dear Mom,
You’ve always kept it simple in my life which is wonderful because as you well know I tend to make things complicated. I can’t tell you how grateful I am to have you in my life. You have taught me so much about the little and big things in life. You have made things so fun when I want to make things methodical. You always have known what to say to make me smile, but you also know when to keep things serious. You balance things out. I’m proud to say that I get my sense of humor from you, and I love how we can go for hours with our witty comebacks to each other. It makes me laugh that I’m an adult and you still call me your baby. I love how stubborn you are, and the knowledge that you have given to me in my life. I don’t think that there is a mom out there who loves her kids as much as you love us. You have taught me about unconditional love through your example. You have taught me to be a strong independent woman. My fondest memories of you is watching Saturday morning cartoons, our movie nights, shopping dates, cleaning and cooking with you, and taking cat naps with you. Most of all I love the relationship that we have and the time that we spend together. You’re the best mom in the world, and I love you with all my heart. Not every mom in the world allows their stubborn daughter to eat cookies and milk for breakfast because there was no way you were going to make me eat oatmeal. Thanks for all you do. If I don’t say it enough know that I love you.
With love your little angel.

Dear Dad,
Any girl can say that their dad is their hero and your no different to me. You’ve always been there. I remember the daddy daughter dates that we went to when I was a teenager. I cherish the memory of us line dancing together the thought of that still makes me laugh. I love how I would fake sick from the first day that you came home from your logging jobs, and you would come to the school pick me up and take care of me at home. Don't be mad I just wanted to be with you. I think you knew that I was faking and would come pick me up any way. The best memory I have of you though is the date you took me on when I was 16. It was then you taught me how I should be treated by any guy who took me out. You have been a great example of how guys should treat women, and I have treasured that. I love how you treat mom like a queen and how you take care of her. You’ve always treated us right, and I love the Valentine I get every year. I am grateful that you have taught me about cars, and the importance of finishing what I start. I love our little fights on who is "RIGHT" because we are very similar in personalities. If i have you thinking now.... I'm ALWAYS RIGHT!!! Thank you so much for always being here for me. I’m so grateful for the love and support you have given me throughout my life. I will always and forever love you. Thanks again, and I truly hope one day I will be able to find a guy who will show me the love that you show mom. I love and adore you.

With all my love,
Crystal

No comments: