Sunday, November 28, 2010

Letter 10: To my best Friend

I’ve had a lot of good friends in the past. At this time in my life I would like to write to my friend Miranda.


MANDY,

My dearest friend I just want you to know how thankful I am that I have you in my life. Not a day goes by that I’m not grateful that Heavenly father let us meet and become friends. I remember the first day that we met, and the conversation that we had. TABLE ROCK will always be one of my favorite places now because of you. It’s like we were meant to be in each other’s lives. It’s like GOD knew that we needed each other, and he was right. There have only been a few people that I have been able to click with the way that we click with each other. The best thing about our friendship for me is sometimes I just have to look at you and say nothing and you know what I’m thinking. I once heard this quote that said “A best friend is someone you can sit on a porch swing with, say nothing, and walk away feeling like that has been the best conversation you’ve ever had.” I feel that way with you. I’ve had many friends that I have met along the way, but of all the friends I have had I would have to say that your one of the best.
We all need someone who will take our side no matter what, and you have always done that. You have never judged me, and have ALWAYS been a guiding light leading me off the bumpy roads that I have gotten myself on. You have wiped away tears, laughed with me (LAUGHED A LOT WITH ME), been angry with me, and LOVED me unconditionally. I’ve never been able to share so much with someone the way that I share with you. YOU’RE a trusting person, and I am so grateful that you are able to keep my secrets. You’ve allowed me to make mistakes, and hugged me when things have gone wrong. You have never condemned me for doing wrong…you’ve never said “I told you so.” Yet, you did not hesitate to stand by me and helped me through the most difficult times in my life. Not everyone will do that, but you always have. You’re such a loyal FRIEND!!!
I know that your friendship is a blessing to me…a miracle to me….and has been a strength to me. I know because you are in my life I will be just fine. I know that I am a better person just for knowing you. I know that I have a person who will accept me for who I am and who cares and loves me no matter what. Thank you for helping me to recognize my faults, and for teaching me to better myself. Your example of Christ-like love is endearing. I am SO THANKFUL, for your friendship and want you to know how grateful I am for you in my life. If I don’t say it enough I LOVE YOU!!! I’m excited to continue down the journey of friendship with you!!
Your sister from another mother,
Crystal

No comments: