Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Dan and I have lived in Boise for the past couple of months. I accepted a job in Mountain Home and am currently working as a LCSW with the Airforce. Dan is enjoying his job with his new company, and we planning to close on our new home around the 15th of May(finger's crossed). Dan and I have been married almost 6 months, and not a day goes by that I don't feel grateful for the love he freely gives each day. Looking back on my life it's amazing how much my perspective has changed, and how this adventure of marriage has made me the happiest I've ever been. I can't imagine my life without my amazing husband and my beautiful step children. Each day I count my blessings of love, family, and happiness.
I have always prided myself in being an independent successful woman. When I was single I didn't realize that I could still be independent and a man would appreciate that. I joke to Dan all the time that I need to send his EX a thank you card. Instead of doing that I want to thank him publicly for all that he does. I tell him all the time that I could write a book and several novels on reason that I love him. Instead I will focus on 10.
1. I love him because he is the most supportive and loving person I know. Not a day goes by that he doesn't tell me that he loves me. He supports me by making me dinner, doing household chores, and by giving me back and foot rubs. It's the little things in life that make all the difference, and I appreciate all the love and support he gives.
2. I love him because he is such an amazing father. He takes time to listen to his kids, to laugh with them, and to provide for them emotionally, mentally, and physically. I love watching him with Leksi and Brenn, and I'm so grateful that I get to support and love them too.
3. I love Dan because he makes me laugh. I'm laughing just thinking about how much fun we have. He knows just what to do to make me feel better, and I appreciate that so much. It's great knowing that no matter what life throws at us we can laugh our way through it.
4. I love how hard Dan works. I love the fact that Dan is passionate about what he does. He is always working to better himself. He is good at what he does, and always works to improve his work skills. I love how he pushes me to do the same and encourages me to reach my goals and dreams.
5. I love how much compassion and empathy he has. We argue most about this because he doesn't think that he has any. LOL!! I've never met a man with more compassion and empathy than what Dan has. He doesn't hesitate to help a stranger, friend, or acquaintance when needed. I appreciate all he has taught me about being more compassionate and empathetic.
6. I love how Dan is a family man. Dan loves his family so much, and he talks about the many memories he has with his parents, grandparents, siblings, and cousins. I love the importance of tradition and memories that he takes pride in. I'm so grateful that I get the opportunity to enjoy and build on those memories and family with him!
7. I love how active Dan is. He loves many of the things that I do like hiking, working out, running, golfing, and being out in nature. Dan is not afraid to try new things, and I enjoy being able to spend time with him. I also enjoy beating him(I'm competitive what can I say....I love how I can say I beat him at whatever activity we do and he will just give me the "REALLY" statement or look).
8. I love how patient Dan is. I mean come on he married me. LOL!!! Dan is so good at dealing with my wonderful girl emotions, and my "so can you clarify" statements. I appreciate the time and ENERGY that he takes in answering my questions and providing for me emotionally.
9. I love that Dan holds my hand, kisses my forehead, and gives me hugs without asking. He makes me feel appreciated and loved. I appreciate all he does to show me love each and every day.
10. I love that Dan encourages me to be myself, and accepts my faults and short comings.
My family use to tell me that my standards for the "perfect guy" were too high. I'm so happy to say that I found not only the perfect guy for me, but one that exceeds all my expectations. I'm grateful for your love, kindness, and for the humor we are able to share each day. I look forward to sharing my FOREVER with you.