Saturday, December 29, 2012

2013 A Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with a Single Step!

I don't ever do resolutions because I don't believe in them.  However, when the year comes to an end I do like to reflect on the past and see what I can do in the next year to live a more fulfilled life.  Life is too short, extremely hard, exhausting, and unpredictable.  With all of my heart I truly believe life is not just meant to be endured but also enjoyed.  I strive daily to build a life which I can be a better influence to those around me.  Last year I wanted to build a stronger spiritual connection and made a promise to myself that I would complete a gratitude journal daily to help me see and feel more connected to a higher power.  Over the past year, I have had the wonderful opportunity to complete a gratitude journal every night.  Tonight I read my gratitude journal, and my heart was instantly full in recognizing how much my life has blessed.
 
Since the gratitude journal was such a great success this year I was pondering what I could do in 2013 to continue with my spiritual journey.  I just watched the bucket list a couple weeks ago, and thought why not create a bucket list for 2013.  A list of 12 things (1 thing each month) I could do throughout the year, and while I'm doing them or preparing for them I can pay special attention to the tender mercies in my life.  Instead of journaling about these experiences I will be blogging about them instead.  These Entries will be labeled "Tender Mercies".  As I will be paying specific attention to my blessings while completing my list.  I don't ever want to get to the point in my life where I lose sight of the many ways I continue to be blessed in my life.
 
TENDER MERCY BUCKET LIST 2013
 
1)  Identify someone who has inspired you the most in your life.  Let them know how much they have inspired you by writing a letter.
2)  Make friends with at least 5 strangers on the street.
3)  Go deep into the heart of mother nature and experience a sunrise or sunset.
4)  Conquer your biggest fear.
5)  Get closure on one of your hurt, grievances, or unhappiness of the past.
6)   Help someone in need.
7)   Read a book on a subject you'd never thought of reading.
8)   Learn a new language
9)   Run a marathon
10)  Fall in love with something or someone
11)  Go on a cruise or road trip
12) Watch the top 12 movies of all time
 
I'm really excited for my next year, and I'm sure I will continue to be blessed. I welcome 2013 with open arms!!
 
Crystal Angel 

2 comments:

Melissa said...

What a great post and bucket list. I can't wait to read about your tender mercies throughout the year. I have thought about doing a gratitude journal and started one but didn't continue it that well. Have a great NEW YEAR!!

Crystal said...

Thanks Melissa. Happy New Year to you to!