Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A stroke of bad luck

I am not a lucky person!!!! I'm the kind of person that if something has to go wrong it will most likely happen to me. Don't get me wrong I am definitely a very blessed person just not lucky. Today all except two of my co-workers called in or are on vacation. So, what that means is I get to pull triple duty. I knew when I arrived at work at 6:30 this morning I had a long day in store. I also had a doctor's appointment today at 11:45 that I didn't have time to go to, but I did. I went to the doctor's office and had to wait an hour because someone double booked that appointment time. The doctor gave me absolute great news........that he needed to run more tests (I really feel like a lab rat). After waiting an hour and having the doctor poke and prod at me.... he sent me to get my blood drawn which took another 30 minutes. No lunch and an hour and forty five minutes later I was back at work. My boss came to me an hour later and asked if I was busy I looked at my desk piled with files and paper work and jokingly said "No not at all". He said great cause you have just been pulled for a random drug test..........In my head I'm thinking okay I needed a break anyway.....That should take about 1/2 hour....right???? WRONG! I got in a car accident. I'm not a bad driver it's just that I didn't see the stop sign until it was a little too late. I hit this person's car and landed right on top of the snow bank. But why stop at just hitting one car......the car I hit also hit a parked car.......that's right that means I'm responsible for both. I called dispatch who informed me that there were 4 wrecks in the Idaho Falls area so it might take sometime for an officer to respond. 45 minutes later an officer arrived. Take in mind it was 20 below today and I'm standing outside making phone calls. I called my mom and she said sounds like you haven't had a very good day....I laughed...wanted to cry and said”that’s why I have insurance." On the bright side of things the officer didn't give me the $76.00 ticket, but warned me instead and told me he hopes I have a better week. Although it's been a stroke of bad luck for me today I am so very blessed. I'm blessed that I have insurance(both car and medical).........I'm blessed that I have a job(even though I'm over worked)...........I'm blessed with supportive friends..........and I'm so blessed for my family. My sister asked me to come over tonight and I did. My nieces and nephews are so amazing and I love them sooooo much...............it was good to be with them. After I visited them I came home and Queinton came over to visit but he was sleeping. It's so amazing how no matter how bad your week is children can make your day so much better. Next week I go to Maryland with James and Tiff to see my niece Kristin get baptized...I can't wait to see her. So despite the trials I face in this life I realize that I’m better off being blessed then I am being lucky. Hope you all have a great week. Love ya

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Is it bad that I laughed through this whole post?? :O) I'm sorry you had a bad day, but at least you could smile about it later. You are an amazing person. I hope and pray things get better, and you have an amazing vacation in Maryland! Love you!

Sharlee said...

Your outlook is everything! :) I love you Crystal...I will most likely need to refer to this post in time of absoulte horrible luck myself! I love you!

Tiffany said...

Sounds rough!! Hopefully your bad luck doesn't rub off onto next week j/k ;) I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun. Keep a chin up.

The Marshall Family said...

I love how you ended it off positive!! Sounds like a crappy day though!

Anonymous said...

Crystal,

I hope that your okay. If you need anything let me know. We need to hangout soon. Where have you been? Mike

Webster family said...

Ohh, Crystal. I've been your roommate so I know when it rains for you it pours. So sorry your day was so rough. It's good your going on vacation though. Sounds like you REALLY need it. Love ya!