Monday, February 21, 2011

Being me is the only thing that matters!!!

The one thing that I have always loved about myself is my ability to be myself no matter what. Many people change to conform to what people expect them to be. Me I change when it will better myself or the situation around me. My mom said that since I was little she knew that I would always be the type of person that would beat to my own drum, and she always encouraged me to do so. She also told me that I was the most stubborn of all of her children, because she could never talk me in to doing something I didn't want to do. I don't necessarily call it stubborn...I just know what I want and work hard to achieve it. You can't talk me into believing something that I don't believe in.... so don't try. You have a right to your opinion....if you want mine I'll give it to you.

I don't expect you to believe what I believe...but I do expect you to respect me as a person. I have a self confidence that comes from knowing who I am and loving what I am. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people change or lives below their potential to meet someones expectations. If you could only see what I see in you......you would realize that being you is what makes you unique and special. Lately my self-confidence has been blinded because of the actions of others. Yet, their is an inner strength within me telling me to hold strong to who I know I am. I've realized the importance of holding on to myself, because if I don't I know that I will lose the every essence that makes me ....me.

I want to thank my mom for loving me the way that I am. For teaching me the importance of knowing myself, and loving myself. I want to thank you for encouraging me not to follow the crowd, and for praising me for developing and using my qualities that would push me through the darkest moments of my life. I know that no matter what happens in my life, no matter who I meet, or where I go that I will always be happy with myself because I know it's more important to be myself then to allow the actions of other's to over consume who I was meant to become. I see and believe in my potential to do great things.

No comments: