Tuesday, October 16, 2012

What is your Kryptonite?



To answer that question truthfully mine is to be vulnerable. I don't like feeling vulnerable, but I don't think anyone really does.....do they? I go to lengths to hide my soft underbelly from the world. I pretend that I'm covered in impenetrable armor. I try not to show my emotions. I know that it seems kind of a joke considering I work with people everyday encouraging them to do that very thing. Vulnerability is about trust, openness, and allowing yourself to feel emotions even though it may be difficult.

So....Emotional vulnerability: Why are we afraid of it?

Is there a greater gift that we can give ourselves than being true and loving to our emotions and needs? From all I have observed, I would have to say "No." When it all comes down to it, there is no greater gift that one could give themselves. So, why do we hide our emotions and needs from others?

What would happen if we really opened up to emotional vulnerability? Would this enable us to achieve the success we desired in our life? Would it improve our career, relationship, health, and other areas of our life? Sometimes when I find myself avoiding certain emotional needs I ask myself these questions: What am I running away from? If I'm running away from deep rooted desires and needs can I truly be happy? Is there something I want to say but I hold it back from others out of fear or rejection? What would happen if I were to be open and honest to others and myself?

Sometimes we are so afraid to express what we love, want or need out of fear of rejection or ridicule. Truth be told the more I withhold my emotional needs the more I lack the capacity to discover true love and true success. By not being vulnerable, we are missing out on so much of our full potential. We are missing out on attracting what is best for us.

True love and true happiness comes as we are able to express our thoughts and feelings without rejection or fear. I've lived too long fearing my emotions and desires. I desire to be more vulnerable to my emotions and love. I know as I do that I can truly embrace who I am. I can be open with myself and in return open with others. I say that being vulnerable is nothing to be feared only desired.

 

Crystal Angel

No comments: