Saturday, August 25, 2012

Not just going to settle!


Sorry, I haven't posted for a while. I've been crazy busy, and sick for the past couple of weeks.  I hope all is well.  I recently had someone tell me that I just need to put myself out there, and find someone to be with even if that means settling.  I love my life and enjoy fully each stage of my life I get to experience.  Even though I am not at the place in my life I dream to be at doesn't mean that I would sacrifice my happiness to fulfill my yearning for finding my prince charming and having a family.

 

How many times have you heard things similar to this: you’re too picky, you’re shooting too high, or you should just go out with him and see what happens?  I can't tell you how many times that I have heard these things before.  I remember one time this guy really wanted me to go out with him.  I already knew that I wasn't attracted to him or had things compatible with him.  I kept telling him no and one day after turning him down for the 50th time he turned to me and said "Crystal, you’re going to be just like my aunt. You'll have fifty cats and throw them birthday parties, because no guy will ever be good enough for you."  I just looked at him and said "I would rather have 50 cats then be with someone who I'm not happy with."  My response left him stunned.

 

My uncle a few years later said: "Crystal, your standards are too high, and most men in comparable are not up to your standards.  One day you'll get sick of waiting and settle for someone way beneath your standards just to get married."  I looked at him and said "I will just never get married then, because I would rather be happy than miserable." 

 

My standards are too high?  HAHA! Have you seen the guys I've dated?   I'm just asking for some guy who shares my values, who is driven, who is kind, who has a good sense of humor, and has some education or drive to be successful in his life.  The only reason why I ask for these things is because these things are important to me.  I have seen too many of my friends in relationships or marriages that they are not happy with, and who stay in these relationships even though they are miserable and depressed.  I just choose to find someone who I can enjoy my life with.  I don't have commitment issues, I'm not too good for someone, but I do want to be happy in my life.  If I have to wait another 30 years I won't settle just because I'm lonely or getting older.  I truly believe there is someone out there for all of us.  Apparently, mine is just wandering deep into the forest and I haven't traveled long enough to find him.  Once I do find him I'm sure we will bring each other happiness and joy!!!  No need to settle I'll continue to enjoy the journey!  

 

 

Sincerely,

 

Crystal  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol....I Love you!!! Kim

Anonymous said...

I love your posts!!! You are truly a wonderful example to me!!! I LOVE YOU!!!