Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Simply Become who you are!


 
In my bedroom hangs a sign that says "Live, Laugh, and Love."  This has always been my motto in life.  I love my life, I love who I am, and am so excited for the person I am becoming.  Since I was little I have always had a passion for life.    I've always been a curious person who loves people, enjoys the small things in life such as nature, animals (except for squirrels), and the environment around me.  Every day I wake up and tell myself it's gonna be a good day and I believe it.  I'm a half-glass full kinda a girl, and even on my worst day find joy in naming my blessings.  I only have one hold up.     

My greatest vulnerability is human suffering.  I SO DISLIKE to see people suffer.  I've never understood why people are mean, manipulative, and deceitful.  As long as I can remember I have tried to comfort those who stand in need of comfort, who are grieving, and who have been treated unfairly.  The greatest joy that I feel in life is helping and serving others.   

Even though loving others is one of my greatest strengths ......I can honestly say it's also my greatest weaknesses.  Lately, I have felt so inadequate.  I've been praying and pondering why I feel this way.  In the middle of the day it came to me.  Over the course of my life I have had people tell me that I have too much passion for things in my life.  Over the past two weeks two people have told me this very thing.  This has been weighing heavily on my mind...."can you really have too much passion for life?"  Marianne Williamson once said "It's our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  There is nothing enlightening about shrinking so people won't feel insecure around you." 

I realized today that it's easy to put myself in a box so other people won't feel hurt, insecure, or inadequate.  Today I felt god tell me "Crystal, why are you constantly holding in your light?"  I didn't have an answer.  I honestly feel that it's my passion for my life that makes me successful in my work, and in my relationships with my family and friends.  No longer will I put myself in a box to make other's feel comfortable.  I can love people, but it does me no justice to love people to the point where I give up qualities or traits that make me happy. Life is to be enjoyed not just endured. 

 

Crystal Angel

No comments: