Saturday, November 26, 2011

Time



One of my faviorite songs of all times is I hope you dance. One of the best phrases in that song is: " Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along. Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone." Ask yourself this question are you taking life for granted?

I had a therapy session with new client the other day and his words got me thinking. He has grown old, and has lived a good life. In his session after telling me a little bit about himself he said "I've always been a strong man. Physically I could do a lot. I've raised a wonderful family. I have a wife who loves me. As I have lived my life I grew old. I'm not as physically strong as I use to be. My mind doesn't work like it use to. I use to look at the people who were older, and never thought that I would be them....now I'm them. Life moves too fast. What scares me most is I have never wasted any time, and enjoyed my life. Now I can't remember many of the memories that I've created. " We had a great session, and at the end of our session he looked at me and said "If I could leave you with something it would be this laugh a lot, count your blessings, take chances, love like you have never been loved, and NEVER take one day for granted."

Everyday I meet many wonderful people who 50 years ago were living the life that I'm living right now. Their stories are powerful, their wisdom is magnificant, and yet many of them are forgotten. One day we are here, and the next day the stories of our lives are ended. Some of our legacies live on, but how many of you remember your great, great, great grandparents? One of the great things about my mother's family is they have gathered an extensive family history. It's so amazing to learn about my grandparents and their families. Their stories have brought me faith, and have given me guidance through difficult times in my life. I'm learning more about my dad's side, and it's amazing getting to know who I am and my families legacy. Even though these people have passed on their stories make me apart of their life and my love for them grows stronger. I encourage all of you to get to know your family.

I can't believe how fast time flies by!!! Many memories stay fresh in my mind: The first day of kindergarten, my first best friend, my first date, my first kiss, graduating high school, my first day of college, graduating from college, my first job, etc.... the list could go on and on. My faviorite memories are not my first though they are the one's that happen everyday like conversations and interactions with my friends and family, sunrises and sunsets, meeting people, laughing, crying, and never taking one single breath for granted. I'm so grateful for my life, my family, my friends, and my experiences. I hope that I in 50 years can look at a person who is me now and say "I have lived a good life, and I never took it for granted."


Crystal Angel

No comments: